Healthcare Cleaning Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Healthcare Cleaning Operative Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Healthcare and hygiene environments require specific attention to infection control, safety and sanitation for the health and wellbeing of service users. This includes a range of both public and private sector environments that require high levels of cleanliness to avoid the growth of bacteria and the spread of diseases and viruses. The Healthcare Cleaning Operative may also work in establishments that require cleaning to a healthcare standard to prevent adverse effects on the health of high-risk service users.
For those undertaking this apprenticeship, their role must solely be for the purpose of cleaning such areas and they must be able to achieve the full breadth of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to successfully complete this apprenticeship within their everyday role.
Establishments this apprenticeship is suitable for include:
- Care homes where the operative uses a range of cleaning methods
- Doctors/dentist surgeries where the operative role includes the cleaning of service user equipment
- Healthcare settings within prisons and schools where a range of cleaning methods are used and equipment used for providing a healthcare service is also cleaned
- Large childcare settings where cleaning operatives are responsible for deep cleans and cleaning service user equipment such as children’s toys
- Leisure facilities where the operative cleans areas, including the poolside and changing rooms
- Large first aid facilities in establishments such as airports where the cleaning operative has a broad range of duties