I’m sure like you all, we are keeping a close eye on the Covid-19 virus and its impact across the UK. Medical advice remains the same, wash your hands thoroughly and throughout the day, avoid putting your hands near your mouth, nose and eyes and if you need to sneeze or cough use a disposable tissue and put it in a bin.
Advice for individuals who feel they have these symptoms is to self-isolate and contact NHS 111.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
For more information, you can visit the NHS website here
What’s the risk of coronavirus in the UK?
The UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to moderate.
Health professionals are working to contact anyone who has been in close contact with people who have coronavirus.
How coronavirus is spread
Because it’s a new illness, we do not know exactly how coronavirus spreads from person to person.
Similar viruses are spread in cough droplets.
It’s very unlikely it can be spread through things like packages or food.
How to self-isolate if you’re asked to
If there’s a chance you could have coronavirus, you may be asked to stay away from other people (self-isolate).
This means you should:
- stay at home
- not go to work, school or public places
- not use public transport or taxis
- ask friends, family members or delivery services to do errands for you
- try to avoid visitors to your home – it’s OK for friends, family or delivery drivers to drop off food
You may need to do this for up to 14 days to help reduce the possible spread of infection.
If you are an employer or learner and wish to reschedule an appointment with us or arrange a remote meeting through Microsoft Teams, please contact your Training Advisor or our office on 0330 088 0888 or contact us here.