A traineeship is a quality work experience placement for 16-18-year-olds that helps you get experience, job skills, and English and Maths boosters to give your career a real boost.
What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. Traineeships help 16 to 18 year olds– or 24+ with an education, health, and care (EHC) plan to get ready for an apprenticeship or job if they don’t yet have the skills or experience needed. Traineeships can help you to get real work experience, job skills, and improve your English and Maths skills, giving your career prospects a real jump-start.
Why should I consider a Traineeship?
Here are some of the benefits:
- Build your CV with valuable work experience. You will learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
- Get work preparation training which can help put you in a better position when applying for an apprenticeship or other employment.
- Boost your ‘work ready’ skills! Traineeships can help to give you the confidence and skills to take your first step to get a job.
- Get support with Maths and English skills if needed
- Get an interview at the end of your experience either for a role (if one is available) or an exit interview which will provide feedback to help you secure your next employment.
Is a Traineeship right for me?
Are you motivated, but haven’t had a chance to build up your skills and experience? If so, a Traineeship could be right for you. If you are finding yourself unsuccessful when applying for opportunities and apprenticeships because of your skills and experience then a Traineeship could be a good first step.
What do I need to apply for a Traineeship with you?
You will need to be:
- Motivated to work
- Unemployed, or working fewer than 16 hours per week and have little work experience
- Aged between 16-18 or 19+ with an EHCP and qualified below level 3
Do you get paid for completing a Traineeship?
Employers may support you with expenses, with travel and lunch costs, for example. There is no requirement for employers to pay, it is a real opportunity to gain meaningful work experience. You may be eligible for a weekly incentive payment from us.