Apprenticeship Level 2

Take your skills to the next level with our Level 2 Apprenticeships. These programs allow you to refine your abilities and develop your talent. Gain valuable hands-on experience and earn nationally recognised qualifications, which will fuel your personal growth and help you achieve your goals.

Welcome to Level 2 Apprenticeships: Start Your Path to Success

Embark on a transformative journey with Smart Training & Recruitment’s Level 2 Apprenticeships. These apprenticeships offer a fantastic opportunity to develop skills in your chosen industry, whether you’re seeking employment or exploring alternatives to college or sixth form. Equivalent to five GCSEs at A* – C grade or 9 to 4 on the new scale, Level 2 Apprenticeships are highly sought-after and provide a solid foundation for future career paths.

Once you have completed the training, you can pursue a level 3 apprenticeship, or look for full-time positions within your industry. If you have any doubts about your eligibility for an apprenticeship, we are happy to assist you throughout the process.

Unlock the doors to opportunity – dive into the world of Level 2 Apprenticeships today.

What is an Apprenticeship?

An Apprenticeship is a genuine employment opportunity that allows you to earn a full-time wage while acquiring new skills. You’ll be working full-time for an employer while dedicating 20% of your time to studying. This may involve a mix of on-the-job training and online learning. Our qualifications are tailored to your industry and role, ensuring you gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to advance in your career.

By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have gained valuable knowledge and skills for your chosen career path.

What do I get paid as a Level 2 Apprentice?

Did you know that Level 2 Apprenticeships allow you to earn money while you learn? The Government has set wage guidelines, which vary depending on your age and the year of your apprenticeship. For example, in 2023, if you’re an apprentice aged 16-18 or over 19, you can expect to earn £5.28 per hour in your first year. Once you’ve completed your first year, if you’re over 19, you’re entitled to the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage rate for your age.

As an apprentice, you’ll get:

  • Paid and be entitled to the National Minimum Wage.
  • Time for training or study as part of your apprenticeship.
  • Holiday pay and other employee rights.


What will I do during my programme?

The daily tasks you perform during your apprenticeship will vary depending on the industry you work in, your employer’s location, and the level of apprenticeship you have chosen. Your apprenticeship will involve a variety of engaging activities that will enhance your learning experience such as:

  • Working alongside experienced staff.
  • Gaining practical, job-specific skills.
  • Gain important life skills.
  • Earn a wage and get holiday pay.
  • Be allocated time for study related to your role.

Level 2 Apprenticeships FAQs:

If you’re looking to gain valuable skills in your chosen career field while getting hands-on work experience, apprenticeships are a great option. As an apprentice, you’ll be performing the same tasks as any other employee at the company, but with added support. You’ll spend 80% of your time completing your daily work duties and the remaining 20% working towards your qualification with the guidance of our Learning and Development Tutors and possibly a workplace mentor, who could be your manager, a colleague or someone who has already completed the course at your place of employment.

Our Partners

Thousands of our Learners have successfully completed their Apprenticeship with a
variety of our Partner organisations, including:

Success Stories

Hear from learners who have chosen Smart Training & Recruitment for their training needs.
" I have recently completed my level 3 payroll qualification with Smart training and would highly recommend this training provider to anyone looking at starting an apprenticeship. My tutor (Sarah Johnson) was supportive throughout the duration of my course and was always willing to put in extra time for me with topics I struggled with. All lessons were very in depth and covered all areas of the role. Overall my experience with smart training has been positive and would recommend them. "

Laura (Learner)

" I did 2 hospitality courses with Paul Welbourne. He was such great support very patient and thorough. My life has changed so much for the better. I’m now working in management and I’m earning more than double. I’m so happy that I had the chance to learn and grow with smart. I’ll never forget how Paul helped and believed in me. Thank you so much "

Chanelle (Learner)

Get Started with Level 2 Apprenticeships Today

Take the first step towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship. Fill out our form to get in touch with our expert team.
Skip to content