Digital Apprenticeship Service
The Digital Apprenticeship Service is the government portal for employers to find, fund, and manage apprenticeship programmes. Launching in 2017 as the Digital Apprenticeship Service, it has since been renamed the Apprenticeship Service.
Non Levy Paying Employers
The Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) has now been made available to all SME’s with a PAYE bill of less than £3m.
This service will allow employers to be more flexible with how they choose their apprenticeship training and allow them to tailor the service to meet their business needs. SME’s who don’t pay into the Apprenticeship Levy will now be able to have full control over apprenticeships in their business. Employers will be able to create an account to arrange their own apprenticeship programme.
Employers will be able to:
- Manage the apprenticeship funding directly
- Select a suitable provider
- Select a suitable standard and end-point assessment organisation
- Ensure that the training your apprentice is receiving is suitable for your business
Levy Paying Employers
The DAS Account is where your monthly allowance gets directly paid into. This account allows employers to access training providers for both their new and existing apprentices.
Digital funds and government funding can be used;
- For apprenticeship training and assessment
- Against an approved standard
- With an approved training provider and assessment organisation
- Up to the funding band maximum for that Apprenticeship
How we support you
This service will allow you to provide permissions to providers to service your account. Smart Training and Recruitment can assist you in setting up your new Digital Apprenticeship Account by providing you with a dedicated account manager to discuss all your training solutions.
We provide a FREE apprentice recruitment service
Our dedicated account managers provide information, advice, and guidance to support your training needs
We can manage your apprenticeship programmes and DAS account (if requested)