Senior Production Chef Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Senior Production Chef Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Overview
Senior Production Chef Overview
Senior production chefs may lead a brigade team or may support the head chef in larger establishments. They report activities to the Head chef or appropriate line manager. They supervise production chef teams in a variety of kitchen environments, for example; schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens. Job roles include Head chef, Second Chef, Kitchen Manager / Supervisor, Cook. Senior production chefs have accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service, producing, monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards, legislative requirements and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
Senior production chefs:
- supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste.
- support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity.
- lead team briefings/meetings
Our Personal Training Advisors will deliver high-quality face-to-face teaching and learning at the employer’s premises. They will provide all the resources your Apprentices will need to progress. Our intuitive learner management system, OneFile will really bring the subject to life through our online resources. We provide real-time learner information so that you will always know what is being taught and how learners are progressing.